There are 2 ways to embed the tracking page on your site :
- Use the hosted tracking page automatically created by Shipup
- Embed your tracking page on your website via Shopify or ShipupJS
The advantage of using the tracking page hosted by Shipup is that it is already created and ready to be enabled.
The disadvantage is that it will not be embedded on your website, it will be a lone URL.
2. Embed your tracking page on your website on Shopify
Embed on Shopify is very easy
3. Embed your tracking page on your website using ShipupJS
Embed using ShipupJS requires to be able to add code snippets on your website, some technical knowledge is required as well.
How does the tracking page work ?
The tracking page works with a URL associated with a variable as follows:
On the right of the "?" is a variable or a combination of variables that will make a call on our API. These variables are:
- trackerUuid which correspond to an internal key to Shipup to recognize a package and which is used in our mails.
- The order number and parcel number associated with the email or postal code as validation variables.
To find the technical documentation, click here.
Once the variable is embedded, the design of the tracking page will be managed directly via the Shipup interface.
Everything starts here :
You can integrate the tracking page into your customer account, or the order confirmation email by using the variables of identification 'package number + email address' in the URL.
For more information, refer to our technical doc or ask by chat / email.