This article covers the following topics:
- Understand and configure your notifications
- The "smart" notifications
- Start sending notifications
1. Understand and configure your notifications
To begin, click here
By default, the notifications chosen by Shipup match our Shipup recommendation. However, you can make your own set-up.
Captions: Each number/arrow is explained below:
1. List of carriers:
Shows the list of all carriers for which this notification is sent.
2. Channels 📞 📠 📟 📫 📧
To modify a channel, click on "edit". Remember to save the change.
There are 5 different channels of communication :
- Email: The notification will be sent by email
- SMS: The notification will be sent by SMS
- Webhook: This notification is a trigger for a webhook
- Zendesk: A Zendesk ticket will be created when this notification is sent
- Support email (e-mail to support team): Your support team may be in a hidden copy of this notification to monitor the progress of the package shipment and intervene proactively if necessary.
Therefore, you have to define the email address where the customer service will receive these emails as a copy of the client.
Likewise, it's necessary to define a 'reply to' address if the customer decides to reply directly to the email sent by Shipup.
How to handle this? Click here
Allows for each event to activate/deactivate the notification.
The arrow number 8 shows:
- The crossed-out bell shows that the notification is inactive: It is not sent to the end customer
- On the contrary, the bell indicates that this notification is sent
Note: A notification is only generated if this event is reported by the carrier.
If certain events don't correspond to your case (e.g. parcels waiting at customs), there is no point in disabling it: it will never be sent.
4. Notifications language
The flag indicates in which language you are currently editing the notification.
⚠️ Warning ⚠️ A change (Status, channel, the wording of the notification, etc ...) made in one language will not be automatically changed in the other languages.
You have to make the modifications for each language.
The little "snowman" logo indicates that the support is a hidden copy of this notification
If you are using Zendesk, the Zendesk logo will appear here
6. Main image of the notification
This image is the main image of the notification. This image can be added directly from the general settings here
It allows you to have a filtered view for notifications and sort them by channel, carrier, etc.
2. The "smart" notifications
There are different "smart" notifications. There are notifications triggered by Shipup which do not come from a carrier. They are created to reassure the end customer, here is the list :
- No tracking update
- Late package
- Package waiting at the pickup point
- Awaiting information from the shipper
No tracking update :
It is generated when the package has no news for X working days.
We advise you to activate it but to only notify customer service so that they can check the progress of the package and if necessary notify the customer if the situation is abnormal.
Late package :
Notify a late package based on the carrier delivery promise. You can include an apology discount coupon or simply indicate that you will pass the information to the carrier so that they improve the quality of their service next time.
Package waiting at pickup point :
It is a push notification, it reduces the rate of return of your forgotten parcels in point relay. For each carrier, you must set a number of working days from which the notification is sent.
Awaiting info from shipper :
This notification is not visible to all, it depends on what carriers you use.
3. Start sending notifications
It's easy: click HERE or
Go to "Settings" > Then click on "notifications" > Activate the button "send notifications" > Click on "update"
⚠️ Don't forget to save the changes!
After a certain period of time, check that the notifications are sent correctly by analyzing your dashboards of notifications HERE
Normally it should look like this: