This article covers these topics :
- When is it useful to use the carrier matching?
- How does it work?
When is it useful to use the carrier matching?
⚠️ This feature can be used if you fetch data on Shipup through these apps :
- Magento 1
- Magento 2
Sometimes, it happens that the carrier_code value is not returned correctly while creating a tracker on Shipup.
That leads to an inability for Shipup to match the packages to the correct carrier due to similarities in the tracking number format between carriers.
E.g. DHL Express and UPS can have the same structure for their tracking number: XXCC1234PP
The carrier matching feature allows you to directly match by your own the untracked_carrier_name values returned by your e-commerce platforms (Magento, Prestashop...) to an existing correct carrier in Shipup.
When the matching is done, Shipup will be able with this new information to assign trackers to the matched carriers.
⚠️ Warning ⚠️ The carriers matching is not retroactive. It will be applied for the next orders imports on Shipup.
2. How does it work?
- Go on Configure > Apps or click directly HERE
- Directly on the app, you can see if there is an unmatched carrier which is indicated by the mention "Unmatched carrier"
- Click on the three-dots icon and select the "Match carriers" option.
- You are now able to match the untracked carrier names to the carriers enabled in Shipup by using Drag & Drop.
To match the untracked carrier "Chronopost Express" (Pink arrow 1) to Chronopost (Shipup Carrier), you have to drag the tag "chronopost" to the correct row in the table underneath (Pink arrow 2)
- Creation of a new tag: Useful if you anticipate a coming modification or creation of a new carrier. To achieve this, just click on the "Create a carrier name" button in a carrier's row (blue arrow). A form on the right of the table appears. Tags created using this form will be listed next to the imported and assigned tags.
- When all the tags have been matched, the green success message below is displayed. Good job! 👏
⚠️ Warning ⚠️ As a reminder, the carriers matching is not retroactive. It will be applied for the next orders imports on Shipup.